Where possible, security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to our cookies and similar technologies. A unique identifier ensures that only we and/or our authorized service providers have access to cookie data.
Service providers are companies that help us with various aspects of our service, such as site activities, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use a number of authorized service providers to help us show you relevant advertisements on our services and elsewhere on the Internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device through our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as an IP address or other unique or device identifiers.
What are cookies, web beacons and similar technologies?
Like most sites, we use technologies consisting essentially of small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other devices (collectively referred to as a "device") that allow us to record certain information when you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging and tools, and to recognize you across devices.
Cookies – small text files (usually consisting of letters and numbers) that are placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are different types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to associate your actions during that specific browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions so that we can remember your preferences or actions across multiple sessions.
- First party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third party cookies are set by a third party site that is separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or deleted by tools available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use must be set individually and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
- Webbakens: kleine grafische afbeeldingen (ook wel “pixel tags” of “clear GIF’s” genoemd) die mogelijk zijn opgenomen op onze sites, services, toepassingen, berichten en hulpprogramma’s, die meestal in combinatie met cookies worden gebruikt om onze gebruikers en gebruikersgedrag te identificeren.
- Similar technologies: technologies that store information in your browser or device using local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML5 cookies, and other web application software. These technologies can be used in all of your browsers and in some cases may not be fully controlled by your browser and may require direct management through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies to store information for targeted advertising on or off our sites.
We may use the terms “cookies” or “similar technologies” interchangeably in our policies to refer to any technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you on the way as described above.
We provide certain site functionality, services, applications and tools that are available only through the use of these technologies. You are always free to block, remove or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application or device allows it. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also need to re-enter your password more often during your browser session. Please refer to your browser or device settings for more information on how to block, remove or disable these technologies.
In general, these technologies enable our sites, services, applications and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later read that information to identify you by our servers or internal systems. Where appropriate, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can read them by assigning them a unique identifier. We do not store any personal data in our cookies or other similar technologies.
All personal information we collect and store through the use of these technologies is obtained by notice and consent: we obtain your consent by providing you with transparent notice of the use of the technologies and, to the extent described herein, we give you the opportunity to choose to disable these technologies.
Our use of such technologies falls into the following general categories:
- Functionaliteit gerelateerd. We kunnen cookies, webbakens of andere vergelijkbare technologieën gebruiken die ons in staat stellen om je verbeterde functionaliteit te bieden bij het bezoeken van of gebruik maken van onze sites, services, applicaties of tools. Bijvoorbeeld het jou identificeren als je je aanmeldt bij onze sites of het volgen van jouw opgegeven voorkeuren, interesses of items in het verleden, zodat we de presentatie van inhoud op onze sites kunnen verbeteren;
- Ads or targeting related. We may use first or third party cookies and web beacons to serve content, including advertisements relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the ads and content served to you, such as whether you clicked on a particular ad.
Opting out of our first-party advertising-related cookies, or of third-party cookies and web beacons as described below, does not necessarily mean that you will not see our ads - just that these ads are not targeted through the use of first-party cookies. parties or third parties, web beacons or related technologies.
If you would like to opt out of all other types of technologies we use on our sites, services, applications or tools, you can do so by blocking, removing or disabling them as your browser or device allows.
Use of these technologies by authorized third-party service providers
We may partner with third-party companies, such as ad networks and ad exchange programs, to enable us to serve ads to you. The operators of these third-party ad networks and exchange programs may place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information. They may also collect your device ID, IP address, IDFA (ID for advertising), or Android ID. The information collected by these third parties may be used to assist us in targeting/retargeting advertisements that are more relevant to you through our or third party websites, services, applications and tools. These third party cookies, web beacons and similar technologies are subject to their privacy notices.
We work with the following third parties (by clicking the link, you will receive additional information from each of these third parties, including their opt-out/object solutions, if any): Facebook; google; Bing
To learn more about third-party advertising-related cookies, web beacons and similar technologies and how to prevent their use, visit the following websites: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, http://www.aboutads.info/choices , http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Use of analysis tools
We also use Google Analytics reports to evaluate anonymous information about demographics (e.g. age and gender) and interests of our website visitors and regarding the success of our advertisements on other websites (e.g. number of impressions, clicks on advertisements), that we receive via third-party cookies and process in Google Analytics. The third-party suppliers have obtained this information through interest-related advertisements. We also use this anonymous information for targeting and retargeting purposes to provide content tailored to your interests, including advertising, on our and other websites or to have such content served by third parties (in connection with the use of third party cookies) .
Deactivate Google Analytics
You will find more information about this at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information about Google Analytics and data protection). We would like to point out that Google Analytics has been extended on our website with the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” to guarantee an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
You can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting IP addresses by clicking on the following link: Deactivate Google Analytics.
Depending on your operating system, you can prevent the use of Google Analytics on our mobile website by changing the settings on your mobile device.
If you only wish to disable or change Google Analytics to display content tailored to your interests, including advertising, you can do so in "Google ads on the web" in the Google ad settings.
Hotjar is an online analytics tool that allows us to see how our users use our website. This tool helps us develop new features and see how current features are used. This takes the form of anonymously recording web sessions. The tool also measures how our forms are completed and where people lose weight. Hotjar is an American tool. The information is therefore stored anonymously on American servers. You can unsubscribe from this tool by clicking the link below. https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
We use the online communication tool intercom to offer our customers an optimal service experience. You can chat directly with our customer service via intercom. Our email also comes in through intercom. If you have chatted with us via the intercom tool (ball at the bottom right) then the information you left behind, such as your email address, will be in this tool. This information is stored on Intercom's US servers. We only use this information for customer service purposes. If you do not want your data to be stored by intercom, you must disable the cookie via the 'online choices' link below. If you want us to remove you, you must submit a removal request to us. http://www.youronlinechoices.eu